Local Produce Forecast
What is coming & Going?
Despite the warm weather we continue to have, cooler temperatures and fall are just around the corner which means a transition of local farm availability. Below is a projection of when we expect popular fall crops to be available. As always, the following forecast is dependent on weather and mother nature. Current local farm availability can be found on the backside.
on the way out
done for the season
apple hill tour
monday, september 24
barsotti juice company
Produce Express offers a full line of all-natural freshly pressed juices from Barsotti Juice Company, located in Apple Hill (Placerville, CA). The Company has been family owned and operated by Gael and Joan Barsotti since 1976. All their juices are hand-crafted daily in small batches without using any preservatives. The juices are flash pasteurized- a method of heat pasteurization that doesn’t compromise taste and quality. It takes roughly 12 pounds of apples to produce one gallon of fresh juice. Barsotti’s presses a special blend of fresh apples from California & Washington including Golden Delicious, Fuji, Granny Smith, Gala, Gravenstein, McIntosh, Mutsu, Red Delicious, and Pink Lady. We are pleased to offer the following:
- Apple Juice/Cider– depending on the season, Barsotti swaps their apple “juice” label to read apple “cider”. The product is exactly the same.
- Orange Juice
- Carrot Juice
Available year-round with a weekly pre-order:
- Apple Raspberry
- Wild Berry Pomegranate Juice
- Twisted Berry (apple, beet, sweet potato, & more)
- Twisted Orange (carrot, orange, apple, and banana)
- Certified Organic Carrot Juice
- Pink Lemonade (May-September)
- Tropical Lemonade (May-September)
- Strawberry Lemonade (May-September)
- Black Tea & Lemonade (May-September)
- Green Tea & Lemonade (May-September)
- Apple Cranberry Juice (September-January)
- Caramel Apple Cider (September-January)
- Spiced Apple Cider (September-January)
- Apple Hill Tour with Barsotti Juice Co., Larsen Apple Barn– Monday, September 24 • 8am-3pm: Our local apple season is almost here! Join us for an exciting tour up to Apple Hill to see the bottling process at Barsotti Juice and explore the orchards at Larsen Apple Barn. We will meet at Produce Express at 8AM and return by around 3PM. Transportation and lunch from Poor Red's will be provided.
- Fall Farmer’s Market– Wednesday, November 7: don’t miss the fun! Save the date on your calendar now! Want to participate as a featured restaurant? Contact your sales rep, or Marissa with inside sales (see contact info above).