local white corn & beans
The first harvest of Dwelley Farms white corn arrived this week, along with fresh beans! Dwelley Family Farms is located in Brentwood, CA and is fortunate to be in a region that experiences hot days and cool nights. Their climate results in ideal growing conditions for a variety of fruits and vegetables including beans, squash, corn, stone fruit, and much more!
- White Corn– while corn is available year-round, local summer corn usually tastes sweeter– from fresh off the cob to succotash, soups, and more. Sold by the 48ct case or per piece. (We expect yellow corn by late next week.)
- Blue Lake Beans– often called snap or string beans, these beans are bright, sweet and tender. Sold by the 30# case or pound.
- Yellow Wax Beans– another variety of snap bean that is crisp and meaty. Available by the 15# case or pound.
- Romano Beans– also called Italian flat or broad beans, romanos lend well to braising and are perfect for summer minestrones. 15# case or pound.
- French Beans (untrimmed)– please specify whether you want local beans or the trimmed variety from Mexico. Also known as haricot verts, French beans are longer, thinner, and more tender and complex in flavor than Blue Lakes. 15# case or per pound.
local fresh pasta
Paragary Bakery produces fresh handmade pasta daily in midtown Sacramento. They use high quality ingredients like Guistos stone ground duram flour and farm fresh eggs. We pick up fresh pasta six days per week. We will deliver fresh pasta Tuesday through Saturday. We are proud to partner with Paragary Bakery to offer the following fresh pastas:
- Pasta Sheets– made to fit a full-size hotel pan, these sheets can be cut into desired size and shape. Perfect for lasagna, cannelloni, tortellini, agnolotti, and other stuffed pasta. Approximately 2 sheets per pound. $4.95/ pound.
- Tagliolini– long, cylindrical ribbons of pasta that are best served with smooth, light bodied sauces. $4.95/pound.
- Fettuccine- “little ribbons” of pasta traditionally served with slow cooked meats but also pairs well cream sauces. $4.95/pound.
- Pappardelle– a 1-inch wide, flat ribbon pasta. Pappardelle is traditionally used for rich, heavy sauces, and ragu of meat and game. $5.50/pound.
summer farmer's market 2018
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18 • 10AM-2PM
8340 BELVEDERE AVENUE • SACRAMENTO
Our annual Summer Farmer’s Market is just around the corner! We throw this event every summer to celebrate all things farm-to-fork and the seasonal bounty of the Sacramento Valley. It is our way of saying THANK YOU to the farmers for all their hard work throughout the year and to all the chefs who support them by buying from Produce Express! The fun will include:
- Local, seasonal produce!
- Over 40 local farmers paired with local chefs, creating delicious bites that highlight the best of the season!
- Tons of produce giveaways!
- Get to know the people that grow your food and supply your kitchens every day!
- Catch up with industry friends and network!
- Raffles prizes from local restaurants, MAC Knives, and Stagger Lee Goods aprons!